Q: I am a Singaporean national currently working for a company in the USA. My company has assigned me to attend a training course in Thailand for 6 weeks. Should I apply for visa, and where can I do that?
Yes, you would need to obtain a Non-immigrant B visa before coming to Thailand. You may apply for such visa at any Royal Thai Embassy in the USA. The basic requirements are recommendation letter from your company verifying your status and assignment. You would also have to prove your legal immigration and employment status in the US and that you would be able to re-enter the US without any problems.
- – I have a British passport. Do I need a Thai visa?
- – Is there a Thai Visa for frequent business travelers?
- – I want to work in Thailand what visa do I need?
- – I am going on a training course in Thailand for 6 weeks what visa do I need?
- – I am a student offered employment what do I do now?
- – Does a charity worker need a visa in Thailand?
- – Applying for a Thai visa?