Thai Dependent Visa

If you have family who are dependent on you then you can bring them to Thailand with you. The process can be very complicated and you will need to speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand about this type of visa. Long term visa holders in Thailand are able to bring their dependents in the country to stay with them through a Non Immigrant O visa also known as Dependent Visa.

Thai Dependent Visa

The following long term visa holders are qualified:

– Those who are on a Thai business visa with valid work permits

– Those on a Thai retirement visa.

– If you work for a foundation or non profit holding a Non O visa with a valid work permit.


What is required?

The main requirements are as follows:

– Evidence of relationship to the visa applicant i.e. marriage certificate (for spouse dependent), birth certificate (for children). These certificates have to be legalized by your embassy in Thailand before they will be submitted to the immigration office.

– Valid Visa and Work Permit for the foreigner

Visa Application Process

An initial visa valid for 90 days is usually applied for outside of the country ideally from the Thai embassy or consulate at the applicant’s home country. This visa is then extended into a dependent visa once the applicant is in Thailand. By then the applicant would have satisfied all requirements for the visa. The validity of the visa given is dependent on the validity of the visa it’s dependent on.

Thai Dependent Visa

90 day Reporting

Maintaining the dependent visa necessitates reporting to the Thai Immigration authorities every 90 days. You are not required to notify the immigration if you are not in the country once your 90 day reporting is due.

Thai Visa Assistance

It remains best to enlist the services of Thai Visa Professionals for assistance to ensure a hassle free processing of your dependent visa. There are a number of visa options in Thailand and we guarantee our visas with a money back guarantee. See the full listing of Thai visas listed under Thai Visa. Speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand