Our Maritime law division can help facilitate vessel registration transactions for both private individuals and corporate clients who would like to acquire a yacht, vessel or boat in Thailand. Our qualified Thai lawyers will explain to clients the legal aspects concerning both the purchase and registration of vessels in Thailand, and thereby boost their confidence in the legal process.
We offer the following services:
- Vessel Due Diligence – We can conduct a search of the Vessel’s License and Certificate at the Marine Department, to ensure that the seller is the current owner of the Vessel, the License documents are in order, and to ascertain whether there is any encumbrance listed on the license. We will also translate all relevant documents into English.
- Review of Contract – We can review the Pre-Sale/Purchase Agreement and related contracts and offer our legal opinion on these. Should modifications of any of the documentation be necessary to protect the interests of the buyer, our lawyer will approach the seller to insure inclusion of the needed amendments.
- Registration of the Vessel at Marine Department – We can prepare a Power of Attorney, the Application form and related documents, and our lawyer can register the Vessel at the Marine Department on behalf of the buyer.
- Tourism License– Further, should this be relevant to the buyer, we can prepare the documents and applications for the Tourism Authority of Thailand License at the Bureau of Tourism and Guide Registration, including documentation concerning insurance, business registration and licensing.
- Setting Up a Thai Company – If the client wishes to register the vessel under a juristic person or a Thai company, our firm can assist with setting up a Thai Limited Company to own the vessel.
Buying a vessel in Thailand whether for pleasure or charter is made easy with the above services. If you are looking at purchasing a vessel i.e. yacht, boat in Phuket or in Thailand as a whole, our law firm in Phuket will be delighted to assist you with the whole process.