Re-Entry Permits

If you have a work permit and Non B Visa in Thailand or you have a 12 month extended marriage visa or retirement visa and you wish to leave the country then you need to apply for a re-entry permit at Thai immigration before you leave the country.

Re-Entry Permits

Should you leave the country without a re-entry permit in your passport then you will invalidate your Thai visa and you would have to start the visa process again with a 90 day visa and applying to have it extended. This is not only time consuming but also costly.

In order to complete the re-entry permit at Thai immigration you need to show the following:

  • – Your passport
  • – Passport Photo
  • – Copy of passport front page, visa page, extension page and Departure page (TM.6)

The fees for the re-entry permit has not changed over the years and the fees are still 1,000 THB for a single entry permit which is once off but if you are going to be leaving and entering Thailand numerous times in one year then you might just as well opt for a multiple entry permit which costs 3,800 THB at Thai immigration.

If you require any help then email us with your question or speak to us online about your Thai retirement visa, Thai marriage visa or your re-entry permit while in Thailand.

Speak to us today!


Re-entry Permits FAQ

How can I get re entry permit?

You can obtain your re-entry permit in Thailand at Thai immigration or at the border or airport before leaving Thailand.There is a single entry as well as a multiple entry re-entry permit. Obtain this before you stamp out of Thailand.

While in Bangkok you can obtain your re-entry permit at Thai immigration in Bangkok.

Chalermprakiat Government Complex, 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road (Soi 7), Thungsonghong, Laksi Bangkok 10210.

The opening times are : Monday- Friday: 8.30-12.00 and 13.00-16.30.

No. You will need to have a passport for an re-entry permit. The re-entry permit needs to be placed in the passport before you leave Thailand and still want to maintain your visa status when you return to Thailand.