If you have registered a company in Thailand and wondering how to register a company in Thailand then see the other articles on this website for an explanation. Increase in the share capital is another process in Thailand as you want to increase the paid up capital of a company. The process can be complex however you can call us for assistance in doing the process for you as explained below.
Increase in Capital in a Thai Company
When you registered the company in Thailand you would have listed the authorised capital of the company. This is the limit which was set at registration. Paid up capital on the other hand is the actual amount of money which the shareholders have contributed by payment to have shares in the company with a voting right.
Increasing the capital in the company hence requires that you file an application to the registrar in Thailand for this increase in capital.
- – You need to publish an advertisement in the local newspaper; and
- – You need to send an invitation letter to the Shareholders for the Extraordinary Meeting;
- – You need to do this within 14 days before the meeting date which has been set;
- – You need to prepare all the documents for an increase in capital;
- – You need to ensure that all documents have been signed by the Company director;
- – Also register the increase in paid up capital within 14 days from the date of the meeting.
Capital Increase Methods
There are a number of ways of increasing the company capital. This can be by issuing more shares or by increasing the value of the shares in the company. You will need to have a plan for the increase or to speak to the lawyer about the best way of increasing the capital.
The procedure to increase the capital of the company normally takes about 3 weeks to complete if you have all the documentation ready. The government fee is 5,500THB for every 1million THB in capital increase. The lawyer doing the application will normally require the following documents from the company:
- – Company Affidavit;
- – Copy of Directors ID card;
- – Copy of the Company’s shareholders list (BOJ.5);
- – Details on the increase of capital and how this will be done and the amount increased.
With offices in Phuket and in Bangkok we will be able to assist you with an increase in capital application for your company. Call us in Thailand Mondays to Fridays for advice. You can also walk into any of our offices for a confidential discussion about your company setup and how best to increase you capital in the company.
The information contained in our website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. For further information, please contact us.