Changing your Immigration Stamp

Changing your Immigration Stamp

Changing your Immigration Stamp

How changing your Immigration stamp is done in Thailand.

This is what is needed when you are changing your immigration stamp. If your passport is full, then you will need to apply for a new passport at your Embassy. Once you have the new passport you will need to change the Thai visa be this a retirement visa or marriage visa, from the old passport to the new one. This can only be done at immigration. They will now have to move your stamp from one passport to another. This is where a passport is full or is going to expire. The lost passport needs additional information.

Lastly see also the articles on the TM30 Thailand as well as the lost passport in Thailand articles on here.

Moving your visa from your old passport to new passport

You will need to ensure that you have the correct documentation when the stamp is transferred.

  • You will need to have and comply the request form. This request to move your visa stamp is done at Thai immigration and can be done at any office in Thailand.
  • You will also need the letter or certificate from the Embassy in Thailand. Normally when you receive a new passport at the Embassy they will provide the short letter on their letterhead to give the details of the new passport.
  • You will also need to provide you old passport with a copy of the face page. They will then compare the passports to the letter as well as check your current immigration status.
  • You will also need to provide a copy of the last extension that was done in your old passport. They will file the copy of the face page and the last visa entry for their records.
  • You will also need a copy of your Thai visa in the passport. The one which was used to extend the visa on. That will be your last Thai visa issued to you on which the extension was based on.
  • Also a copy of your last residency stamp where applicable. Not everyone has a residency permit.
  • A copy of your immigration TM.6 (Departure card) which is the slim white page stapled into your passport.


See also: You can also find other articles on our immigration lawyer Thailand or our lawyer in Bangkok. There is also the articles on Same sex marriage as well as Thai marriage laws and Thai property law.

The process of changing your immigration stamp takes about 15 minutes and there is not much that will need to be done when you change the immigration stamp from one passport to another. The will normally use the first page in the new passport to reference the old passport with the old passport number. This takes up one complete passport page containing all the details.

Consider retiring in Thailand?

Yes let us assist you with retiring in Thailand. With the assistance of our lawyer in Bangkok let us assist you when you in retire in Thailand and let us help with your retirement visa Thailand. We have helped many expats settle and assist them to live and retire all across Thailand. Likewise also see the 10 year retirement visa Thailand for more information from a well-known law firm in Thailand.

Related Posts