US K-4 Visa in Thailand

This explains the US K4 Visa in Thailand. The US K-4 Visa in Thailand or allows the children of an American national‘s Thai wife to enter the United States. This type of visa is only available if the child’s Thai parent has successfully applied for the K3 spouse visa. A US K-4 visa allows the child to travel in and out of the United States for a duration of two years. Once the child is in the United States they can then apply for a green card. This allows them to become a permanent resident of the country. See how the K4 visa application works. 

US K4 Visa in Thailand

US K4 Visa in Thailand

The US K-4 visa is a derivative of the US K-3 visa and can only be applied for by unmarried children under 21 years of age. Prior to the issuance of the K4 visa, the parent should be in K-3 immigration status. Also, K-4 visa applicants are permitted to pursue education. Also, seek employment authorization in the United States.

The K4 visa is usually used only to bring stepchildren of US citizens to the United States. A US citizen’s biological children who are below 18 are usually US nationals by birth. This even if they were born and raised outside the country. They should be registered with the US Embassy. This in order for them to be able to apply for a US passport. Once they have a US passport. They can travel in and out of the United States freely without the need of securing a visa. See US visa for Thai wife for more information. See also the US visa interview on here as well as the K2 visa process on here.

Benefits of the K4 Visa

  • The child applicant is not required to file a separate I-130 application form
  • Also the visa for the child would be approved with the Thai spouse’s application
  • The applicant will be permitted to stay in the US while waiting for the visa process
  • Also the applicant can travel outside of the United States on short trips and return
  • The child applicant will be permitted to pursue education
  • Finally the child applicant can apply for Employment Authorization in the United States

The US K-4 visa is a non-immigrant visa. This will allow the child or children of a US K-3 wife visa holder to enter the United States. This while waiting for the availability of an immigrant visa. See more on the US K-4 Visa in Thailand. This type of visa is for the purpose of those children of US K-3 visa applicants. Those who wish to bring his Thai wife’s child to the United States from Thailand. The application for the US K4 visa can be filed together as the filing of the US K3 Spouse Visa application.

K4 visa application

The application process for the US K4 Visa starts with the filing of an Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) for the Thai spouse and children. The USCIS will then send a Notice of Action (Form I-797) receipt notice after the filing of the petition. After you received the receipt notice. You are required to submit a few more documents which will be submitted at the US Embassy.

The Thai spouse has to go to the US Embassy in Bangkok and apply for the US K3 Visa and the US K4 visa for her children. Once issued the K3 visa from the US Embassy in Thailand, the Thai spouse may then enter the United States with the K3 visa and the children with the US K4 Visa from Thailand. See the K-3 visa requirements on this website. You can also look at the K1 visa from Thailand.

After entering the United States, the US citizen step-parent/parent may then file an I-130 petition in behalf of the child, which serves as an adjustment of status in the United States. Always ask about the US K-4 Visa in Thailand.

Note: See also other visa options if you are married. These include the CR1 visa processing time as well as such issues with regards to the US visa denial. See also the K-3 visa requirements as well as the K1 visa income requirements. Also see the US tourist visa for a Thai girlfriend

K4 Visa from Thailand FAQ

How Long Can I Stay in the U.S. on a K4 Visa?

The K-4 visa is valid for 2 years, allowing for multiple entries or until the child reaches the age of 21, whichever comes first. Typically, by the time the K-4 visa expires, the parent holding the K-3 visa (to which the K-4 visa is linked) would have adjusted their immigration status in the U.S.

What Privileges Does the K-4 Visa Offer?

The K-4 visa allows minor children to stay in the U.S. with their mother. They can attend school, travel outside the U.S. for short periods, and even apply for a work permit while residing in the country.

How Do You Qualify for a K4 Visa?

To qualify for a K4 visa, the child or children must be under the age of 21, unmarried, and the biological or legally adopted child of the parent holding the K-3 visa. The child must also be seeking to immigrate to the U.S.

What Is a K4 Visa?

The K4 visa is a non-immigrant visa designed for minor children who will accompany the holder of the K3 visa (typically their mother) to the United States. It’s a common U.S. visa used by families from Thailand when moving to the U.S. with their K-3 visa-holding parent/ See the US visa from Thailand main page.