Australian Visa in Thailand

There are several other Australian Visa in Thailand. These are some of the most common Australian visas issued for Thailand. There is the Tourist visa for Australia as well as the work and holiday visa. There is also the Australia child dependent visa which is coupled with the Australian fiancée visa as well as the Australian spouse visa. Finally, there is the student visa for Australia as well as the Australian guardian visa.

Australian Visa in Thailand

Australian Visa in Thailand

Work and Holiday Visa (462 visa Australia)

You will note that the work and holiday visa is a Subclass 462 visa or 462 visa Australia. This allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. Note also that during your stay, you can do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday. Likewise, you are also allowed to study in Australia for up to 4 months as well as enter and leave Australia when you like in those 12 months. This is for your first application as it can be done three times. Likewise see more under the article on Australian visa from Thailand. Additionally you can also see the form 80 personal particulars for character assessment for a marriage visa if you are married. 

–         Eligibility

Likewise to be eligible for this work and study visa. Then you must be between 18 to 30 years old (inclusive). You will also need to apply from outside Australia, so this can be done in Thailand. Additionally to this condition, you cannot be accompanied by any dependent children. Furthermore, you will note that you should not have previously entered Australia on subclass 462 or 417 visas. Note that if you have previously entered Australia on a subclass 462 visa. Then please refer to the second Work and Holiday visa.

–         Restrictions

Note that while you are on this visa. Then you can leave and re-enter Australia many times within 12 months. However, it’s important to note that family members cannot be included in your application as stated before. Note again that you cannot be accompanied by dependent children while you are in Australia while on this visa.

–         Qualifications

Finally, note that the program year begins on 1 July and ends on 30 June. Additionally, to be eligible for this visa, you must have a tertiary qualification from a university, college, or training center. Acceptable tertiary qualifications include degrees, graduate certificates as well as diplomas. On the other hand, Certificate I to IV level qualifications and the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education are not acceptable tertiary qualifications. See more Australian visa in Thailand options below.


Australian Student Visa

Note that the Australian student visa is an Australian Subclass 500 visa. Likewise, this visa will allow you to enter and stay in Australia for a period of up to 5 years when it is the same as your degree. The Australian government’s cost of this visa starts from AUD 650.00. Likewise see also the Thai education visa. See more Australian visa in Thailand options below.

– What does it allow?

The student visa for Australia allows you to enroll in any eligible educational course on offer in Australia. Many Thai people study in Australia. As a visa holder, you may also take your family members. Likewise, this would be your Thai spouse or your dependent child.

Note also that while in Australia, you may have the option to work unlimited hours. However, starting again from 1 July 2023 there will be certain work restrictions for student visa holders in the country which is being re-introduced. This change will now limit work to 48 hours every two weeks. 

– University Courses

You will need to provide them with the Confirmation of Enrolment letters for each course. Likewise, the last course in your educational curriculum is considered your main course. Note also that the main course in the curriculum will be used to determine your financial as well as the English language skills required.

In addition, if your student visa application curriculum includes multiple courses. You will note that there should be course gaps in the curriculum of less than two calendar months. This is unless the first course in your studies finishes at the end of the normal academic year as well as the next course commencing at the beginning of the next academic year.

– Processing

The processing times will depend on the education sector. Let’s compare the university or college compared to high school. For the Higher Education Sector, 25% of applications are processed within 6 days, 50% within 13 days, 75% within 22 days, and 90% within 49 days. For the Schools Sector, 25% of applications are processed within 9 days, 50% within 19 days, 75% within 35 days, and 90% within 65 days.

Note that there are age restrictions when it comes to school. You will note that you must be less than 17 years old when you start Year 9, and less than 18 years old when you start Year 10. Likewise, you need to be younger than 19 years old when you start Year 11. In addition younger than 20 years old when you start Year 12.

Likewise, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. This can be an IELTS score of over 5.5 or a TOEFL internet-based score of 46. Likewise, there is also a minimum score of 162 on the Cambridge English test. You will also need enough funds to cover your stay in Australia and a clearance certificate from the Thai police for the character test is also necessary. Finally, they will also check your immigration history to check if you have been denied an Australian visa before or have been deported from Australia.

Finally, you will need to include proof of paid adequate health insurance for the proposed duration of your Australian student visa. If you are married, your Thai wife will also need to provide identity and character documents, just like yourself, including your marriage certificate. See more Australian visa in Thailand options below.


Student Guardian Visa

Some Thai people do travel and live in Australia to look after their children while in the country. The Student Guardian visa will allow you to stay in Australia to provide care and support for a child who holds a student visa. Note that this is a temporary Australian visa. Likewise, the duration of your stay will be determined by the length of the student visa holder’s stay as well as their age.

–         What is it used for?

The visa is for you to go to Australia to provide care and support for a student who holds a student visa. This person would be under 18 years of age or older under certain exceptional circumstances.

–         Who are you?

You would be a parent, custodian, or relative of the student. Likewise you will be 21 years or older and have been appointed by the parents. You will also need to have sufficient money to support yourself and the student during your stay in the country. Likewise you would also be able to provide accommodation for both of you. This as well as all other necessary support.

The length of stay will be in the visa grant letter. This is linked to the student visa. Normally this will expire with the student visa. Note that much like the student, you will also require to meet the health requirement and character requirements. This includes demonstrating good health and providing the necessary documents and a Thai police clearance certificate. See more Australian visa in Thailand options below.


Dependent Child Visa

Note that the Dependent Child Visa allows your Thai child to move to Australia. This is until a decision is made on their parent’s permanent partner visa application. You will need to also read the Australian fiancée visa here as well as the Australian spouse visa. With this Australian visa, the child can travel to and from Australia.

Likewise, when the Thai child has been granted the Dependent Child visa which is a subclass 445 visa, they must apply to be added to their parent’s permanent partner visa application. Again see their Thai mother’s application. It’s important to ensure that the application is filled in correctly and includes all the required documents to avoid processing delays. Always speak to our immigration lawyer in Bangkok for more information.

To be eligible for the Dependent Child visa, the child must be dependent on a parent who holds either a Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309), an Australian Partner visa (subclass 820), or a Dependent Child visa (subclass 445). See also the Australian fiancee visa. Once the child has been granted the 445 visas, they must be sponsored by the same person who sponsored or nominated their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.

Children under 18 years of age.

Note that both the child and any dependent Thai children who apply for the visa with them must meet the health requirement. If the child is 16 years or older they must obtain a Thai police record clearance certificate.

Additionally, the child must have the written consent of anyone who has the legal right to decide where they live. This can be complicated at times. Alternatively, if the laws of the child’s home country allow them to leave, they must provide supporting documentation. This would be a court order from a divorce where child custody and parental control have been ordered.

Much like their parent, the child must provide their identity documents, and proof of their relationship with the applicant (birth certificate). Likewise, the character documents if they are 16 years or older. Note as explained above that consent must also be obtained from anyone who has a legal right to decide where the child lives. This is normally done using either Form 1229 Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 yearsIf the applicant has a total or partial loss of mental or body function that prevents them from working. Likewise, they must provide evidence from a qualified medical practitioner. This child will be financially dependent on the parent who holds the temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa.

See the rest of the website for more information. Likewise see also the Australian visas for your Thai girlfriend as well as the Australian fiancee visa requirements on here.