Retirement Visa (DUI & Health)

The retirement visa DUI is explained below. The medical certificate for visa Thailand is always an issue. If you apply for a retirement visa for Thailand then you need to provide Thai immigration with a medical certificate. This to show that you do not have a range of prohibitive diseases that immigration has on their list. The medical certificate needs to be signed at the hospital and handed in with your application form. Take legal advice on this as there comes a difference as to where the process is started. 

Retirement Visa DUI


Note that you do not need a medical certificate for a marriage visa in Thailand. The marriage visa requires no medical certificate. The certificate must not be older than 3 months and the doctor needs to provide his name and business address. In Thailand, the hospital normally gives you a written letter outside of the medical form which needs to be completed. Most hospitals in Thailand know what is required and will be able to assist you in this regard. See the retirement visa financial requirement as well.

The medical certificate under Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) needs to show that you do not suffer from the following illnesses:

– Drug addiction

– Leprosy

– Third stage Syphilis

– Elephantiasis

– Tuberculosis

The prohibitive diseases listed above is standard in Thailand when it comes to immigration as you now also need to show that you do not have third stage syphilis when applying for a work permit in Thailand. The doctors also have to state that you are in good physical and mental health.

Criminal Record

When you complete the Thai retirement visa form you also need to attach a police clearance certificate with the application form. medical certificate for visa Thailand. The certificate cannot be older than 3 months. The police clearance certificate has to be completed in your home country or by an authority under which you have lived before moving to Thailand.

DUI is a common issue with Americans in Thailand as the DUI (Driving under the influence) will show on your police clearance certificate. If you do have a DUI then you need to speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand about the options available to you. If you are going to be starting a business or are already married to a Thai national then this does not affect you as neither requires a police certificate. There are many options available in this regard. This is the retirement visa DUI.

If you need assistance with your retirement visa in Thailand then call us toll-free from the US or UK or even from Australia and we will provide you with cost-effective advice. You can also walk into our Phuket or Bangkok offices for more information and assistance if you are considering retirement in Thailand.

See our website for more information regarding moving to Thailand. See also the new retirement rules for Thailand on this website. Also see also retirement locations in Thailand for additional information.

The information contained on our website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.