Australian Tourist Visa for Thai

With cheap flights in Asia becoming very common more Thai people wish to visit further away from Thailand. Australia has become one of the biggest destinations in Asia for Thai and Japanese citizens. If you are planning a holiday in Australia then contact us to arrange and apply for an Australian visa for you holiday.


If you have a Thai girlfriend and wish to show her Australia then you can also apply for an Australian visa. With offices in Phuket and in Bangkok we can assist you with the process. Note however that if you are planning on getting married in Australia then you cannot take your Thai girlfriend on a tourist visa but would need to apply for the proper visa being the Australian Fiancée Visa or if you are already married then an Australian Marriage Visa is the correct visa to apply for. The Australian immigration services take a dim view of those who wish to bend the rules.

As a Thai national without any family or relation to Australia you can apply for an Australian Tourist visa (subclass 676). This tourist visa allows you or your Thai girlfriend to stay in Australia for a fixed period of time. This can be either for three, six or twelve months.

Australian Tourist Visa for Thai

Much like any other country you need to be able to show the Australian Embassy in Bangkok that you will be returning to Thailand. In order to do this you need to be able to show a connection to Thailand. This can be any of the following:

You are employed in Thailand. If you can show that you have been employed for a long period of time with a company or that you have a good permanent job in the formal sector then it is much easier to obtain the tourist visa as they know that you will return to Thailand.

Savings in the bank is also another option as it shows that you are not going to Australia to work and that you are able to take care of yourself while in Australia.

Owning property or a car is also a plus as again it will show that you will return as you have assets and property in Thailand which you will not abandon.

Having dependents in Thailand is another way of showing ties to Thailand. If you have children or married then this is also a good way of showing your ties to Thailand and that you will return to the country.


What we offer:

If you are applying for a tourist visa to Australia the process is rather simple and straightforward but can be confusing and also frustrating. If you wish to ensure the success of your Australian visa application in Thailand then it is advisable that you enlist the services of an immigration law firm with solid experience of assisting Thai applicants in their Australian visa applications. You would benefit greatly from their expertise thus, saving you from the usual hassles of applying the Australian visa on your own or worst getting a letter of denial from the embassy.

  • Consultation
  • Thorough evaluation of the applicant’s economic and social ties to Thailand
  • Comprehensive list of the documents for the applicant and for the sponsor (if any)
  • Assistance with collecting the required documents
  • Professional preparation of the visa application papers and supporting documents
  • Interview training
  • Submission of the application to the VFS
  • Visa application results update

Speak to us today about your holiday in Australia and allow us to assist you with your visit to Australia. With correspondent attorneys in Australia we can assure you of the best advice at a cost effective price. Call us today toll-free from Australia or walk into our offices in Bangkok or Phuket for more assistance and advice.

G.A.M. Legal Alliance is delighted to assist you with your foreign Visa applications such as the Australian tourist visas. Our team of experienced and professional staff can walk you through the visa application process and ensure the successful acquisition of your Australian tourist visa. Feel free to contact us or visit our office and avail our free consultation service.

The information contained in our website is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. For further information, please contact us.