Getting Divorced with a Marriage Visa – What now?

Q: I am currently holding a Marriage Visa as I am married to a Thai. However, we will be divorcing next month by mutual consent. We have a daughter together who is both Thai and British and I will have the sole custody. What are my visa options?

Your marriage remains valid until it expires regardless of the fact that you are divorcing your Thai wife. But, you won’t be able to renew the visa later on. However, as you have a Thai daughter together, you may be able to apply for a Non Immigrant O visa or a Guardian Visa. This entails meeting the financial requirement.