Q: I got a tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Nairobi. I understand from what is written in the visa stamp that the visa is valid for 3 months. Does it mean that I can stay in Thailand for 3 months?
No, it’s not the case. The 3-month validity refers to the period of time the visa remains valid before your travel to Thailand. Your allowed duration of stay in the country is different. This will be stamped by the immigration officer at the airport when you arrive in Thailand.
- – There is no Thai Embassy in my country how do I get a Thai visa?
- – My passport was stamped a 30-day visa instead of a 90-day visa what now?
- – Can I extend my 60 tourist visa inside Thailand?
- – My Thai visa says 3 months does this mean I can stay for 3 months?
- – I have a single entry business visa and want to leave and return – what is needed?
- – I have a Thai visa and lost my passport, what do I do now?
- – I have a marriage visa and getting divorce. What are my options?
- – Thai Visa Questions