Q: I have been in Thailand since last week with a multiple-entry business visa. I happened to lose my passport yesterday. What should I do?
You need to report to the police the loss of your passport. You have to request for affidavit of loss from the police so you have something to show at your embassy for the application of a new passport. Bring your new passport to the Immigration Office for an endorsement. If your country has no Embassy or Consulate in Bangkok, please go to the Visa and Travel Documents Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for the Emergency Certificate (EC). Bring the EC to the Immigration Office for endorsement before leaving the Kingdom.
You would have to apply for a new visa when coming to Thailand next time.
- – There is no Thai Embassy in my country how do I get a Thai visa?
- – My passport was stamped a 30-day visa instead of a 90-day visa what now?
- – Can I extend my 60 tourist visa inside Thailand?
- – My Thai visa says 3 months does this mean I can stay for 3 months?
- – I have a single entry business visa and want to leave and return – what is needed?
- – I have a Thai visa and lost my passport, what do I do now?
- – I have a marriage visa and getting divorce. What are my options?
- – Thai Visa Questions