Q: I will be holidaying in Thailand for 3 weeks. I hold a British passport. Do I need a Thai visa?
Along with 41 other Nationalities, British nationals can travel to Thailand for a month without the need for a visa because they fall under the Visa Exemption Rule (Visa on Arrival) which permits the eligible national a stay of 30 day without a visa in Thailand. This, said, you do not need a visa. You, however, need to be in possession of a valid passport and return flight ticket as the immigration officer may ask these things at the airport. Check the list of the eligible 42 countries for the VER from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (www.mfa.go.th).
- – I have a British passport. Do I need a Thai visa?
- – Is there a Thai Visa for frequent business travelers?
- – I want to work in Thailand what visa do I need?
- – I am going on a training course in Thailand for 6 weeks what visa do I need?
- – I am a student offered employment what do I do now?
- – Does a charity worker need a visa in Thailand?
- – Applying for a Thai visa?