Q: I am currently holding a Marriage Visa as I am married to a Thai. However, we will be divorcing next month by mutual consent. We have a daughter together who is both Thai and British and I will have the sole custody. What are my visa options?
Your marriage remains valid until it expires regardless of the fact that you are divorcing your Thai wife. But, you won’t be able to renew the visa later on. However, as you have a Thai daughter together, you may be able to apply for a Non Immigrant O visa or a Guardian Visa. This entails meeting the financial requirement.
- – There is no Thai Embassy in my country how do I get a Thai visa?
- – My passport was stamped a 30-day visa instead of a 90-day visa what now?
- – Can I extend my 60 tourist visa inside Thailand?
- – My Thai visa says 3 months does this mean I can stay for 3 months?
- – I have a single entry business visa and want to leave and return – what is needed?
- – I have a Thai visa and lost my passport, what do I do now?
- – I have a marriage visa and getting divorce. What are my options?
- – Thai Visa Questions