Canada is one of the most astounding and frequently visited places in the world because it offers abundantly beautiful scenery, various tourist attractions and affordable vacation choices for family and friends. Aside from the country’s scenic view, Canada also offers convenient academic, employment and settlement opportunities. And the great news is that anyone can go to Canada regardless of their nationality.
Whether you are a Thai National or a foreigner residing in Thailand, you can have the opportunity to travel to Canada with the right type of visa.
Temporary Resident Visa allows anyone to enter Canada for a temporary period. This applies if you wish to travel to Canada on a tourist visa, transit visa and business Visa. The visa can be Single Entry or Multiple entries.
- – Passport – the passport should be valid for six months
- – Two Recent Photographs. – For some Nationalities who are required to provide biometric fingerprints and photos, no need to submit paper photos with the application
- – Proof of Financial Support – Your Bank Statement for the past 6-12 months
- – Employment Letter – Employment letter stating your salary and the length of service to your company is a plus to obtain the visa
- – Purpose of Travel-This can be letter stating your purpose and travel plans.
- – Invitation Letter from Canada-This applies to applicants who are invited to Canada by their sponsor either for business or pleasure
- – Other proof of ties to Thailand- property or business ownership, or assets.
The procedures in acquiring a Canadian visa are as follows:
- Gather the list of required documents;
- Accomplish the application forms provided;
- Pay for the application fee and;
- Submit the application at the Visa Application Center.
The processing period will only take 16 working days after which you can now have your Canadian visa.
Studying in an International School is a big dream for everyone. If you’re a Thai National and seeking for quality education and great experience, Canada is one of the best destinations as they offer best opportunities for International students.
To be enrolled in an institution or university in Canada, one must apply for a study permit. This applies when one wants to study in Canada for more than six months. Thai or Foreigners are welcome to study in Canada on the condition that they have a study permit.
How to Apply for Study Visa:
Finding an Institution/University in Canada
The first step for study visa application is to find a designated learning institution in Canada and must meet the requirements of the school. Once you are accepted by an eligible school, you will be issued a Letter of Acceptance confirming that you can now apply for a study permit.
Study Permit Application
You can do either online application or paper application to apply for the study permit. Gather the list of required documents and fill up all the application forms. Application forms and guides can be downloaded at the CIC website.
Pay for application fees – Bank Draft or certified cheque should be made payable to the Embassy of Canada.
Submit application at the visa processing center for checking to be forwarded to the Canadian Embassy in your Country of residence.
- Passport-The passport should be valid for the period of your study.
- Two recent passport sized photos – The name and date of birth of the person should be written on the back of each photo. If you are required to provide biometric fingerprints and photos, no need to submit paper photos with the application.
- Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution/University Letter – You must be accepted by a designated learning institute/University in Canada;
- Proof of Financial Support – Your Bank Statement for the past 6 months to show that you can fund your studies
- Original Police Clearance – You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record.
- Medical Certificate – You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
Study permit holders are allowed to work immediately on and off campus for up to 20 hours per week and can work full time during school break. The visa application process will take 8 weeks
It is always a challenge to work outside our comfort zone but when one wants to really improve his career path, Canada offers a variety of opportunities. To be able to work in Canada, a work permit is needed.
This is a working authorization that allows a person to work in Canada. Thai Nationals or foreigners who wish to work in Canada must apply for a work permit then.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must have a job offer from a company that is eligible to employ foreign worker
- You must show that you have enough money during your stay in Canada
- You must be a law-abiding citizen and have no criminal record
- You must be in good health
- You must not intend to engage with an ineligible employer
– Visa Application Forms – The applications should be completed and signed
– Passport – The passport must be valid until you leave Canada at the end of your employment,
– Two Recent Passport size Photographs – These are for applicants who are not required to submit biometric fingerprints and photos.
– Copy of your job offer from your prospective employer – This document should be from your prospective employer from Canada.
– Proof of Financial Support – Your Bank Statement for the past 6-12 months
– Official Transcript of Records from your last attending school/university – The OTR is a proof of your education
– Previous Employment Certificate -The previous employment certificate shows your past working experience.
– Original Police Clearance – The Original Police Clearance and not a photocopy must be submitted
Gather Documents. Documents not in English or French should be translated by a translator authorized by the Embassy. Complete the Application Form: Forms and guides can be downloaded at the CIC website.
- Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada (IMM 1295)
- Family Information (IMM 5645)
- Pay the Fees – Bank Draft or certified cheque made payable to the Embassy of Canada.
- Submit Application – Applications are submitted at the Visa Application Center
The process will take four months. To avoid any delays, it is important to submit all the necessary documents with the correct visa application forms signed and completed.